How to Ask for Customer Reviews at Will and Make Customers Happily Oblige

Jp MendezCustomer Reviews, Local SEO, SEO Techniques1 Comment

When working with clients on local search engine optimization, one of the key things I discuss is customer reviews. If they have “some” web presence then we take a look at their reviews, which is almost always like 3 reviews to none, and then see how we can get more. If they have no web presence at all then we talk about the importance of reviews around the web and the different ways to get customers to review your product or service.

During those discussions, with the owner and sometimes the store staff, I always notice that many store owners and employees are a bit adamant to ask for customer reviews.

Some of the reasons are;

  • They are afraid of rejection.
  • Not sure what the customer will say.
  • They might get a negative review.
  • Don’t want to trouble customers.

And loads of other reasons. INVALID reasons because customers love to write reviews and they will go out of their way just to give you a little something.

Now on to the meaty part.

Asking for reviews does not start from when you literally ask your customer to give you a review but rather from the moment that customer enters your front door. You know what I mean?

At the back of your mind, you know that at the end of your transaction you’ll want to ask for a review. But you have to work your way towards that question and make sure that your customer won’t say no and will gladly do as they’re told.

How?

  • By greeting them warmly as they enter the front door.
  • Listening closely and addressing they’re needs.
  • Making them feel important.
  • Giving them your full attention.
  • Addressing issues in a professional manner.
  • Being a friend.
  • Creating a relationship.

If you do these, asking for reviews is going to be super easy. This works like a charm! 95% of the time. The other 5% are just plain forgetful, but you know that when they do give you a review, it will be a good one.

All of my clients that applied this technique saw an increase in customer reviews and had better customer relationship in the process, which then translated to even more business.

It’s a domino effect.

Try it out and see how it works for your business. And don’t forget to let me know.

Let us know what you think

One Comment on “How to Ask for Customer Reviews at Will and Make Customers Happily Oblige”

  1. Pingback: 4 Effective Ways to Get Customer Reviews

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *